Why You Should Check SMM Traffic in Google Analytics?
Social media marketing is becoming more and more popular day by day. A study says that social media spend will increase by 71% in the upcoming 5 years. Also, 42.3% of people think that social media platforms are creating a positive impact on their business growth. Thus, social media is a great place to get new customers for your business. You can create a buzz by introducing campaigns on social media. Also, you need a tool to measure whether your campaigns are effective or not. A regular check only makes you understand your faults instantly. Here also Google Analytics comes in your rescue. You can also check the SMM traffic in Google Analytics along with other reports. At A2Zlogs we take it as our responsibility to make you aware of everything related to marketing tactics. So if you want to stand strong in online marketing then read this out.
How to Analyze SMM on Google Analytics?
You can check you social media marketing progress on Google Analytics by following these simple steps-
- Log in to your Google Analytics
- On the left side, column go to the ‘Acquisition’ section and click on to the ‘Overview’ tab
- In the Overview report, you will find a brief of your social media details
- At the top, you can select the date that you wants to display data
- If you want to see more detailed data on social media traffic then go to the Acquisition Overview page. Then click on the ‘social traffic’ button
The Benefits of Analyzing SMM on Google Analytics
Here are some plus points on regular analysis of social media traffic-
- You can distinguish that what media sites give you most of your visitors and what needs your attention more.
- By checking the time your visitors spend on your webpage you can understand if you are fulfilling the promises you offer in social media or not. It let you know whether you are writing the right content for the right audience or not.
- You can compare the ratios of new visitors and return visitors. If you find out by frequent checking that the visitors are not returning then change your social media strategy.
How to Decipher Social Media Traffic Data on Google Analytics?
Google Analytics shows your social media traffic data in tabular form by default. But you can change the view to understand the data with ease. Thus apart from tabular view Google Analytics also support percentage, comparison, performance, term cloud, and pivot view of your report.
How Social Media Impacts on Conversion Rate?
A perfect social media campaign can generate a lot of fresh conversions. You can check also the conversion rate from social media in Google Analytics. To set up conversion funnel you can use the ‘Goals’ section. Then attach any kind of conversion event. Then to access the funnel report you need to go to the Conversions>Multi-Channel Funnel> Top Conversion Paths. Here you can see the paths that your visitors take for converting. You can see that huge traffic gets converted when they find you on social media. They may find you by organic search but do not follow your leads. But if they find you in social media through remarketing then the conversion possibility rises considerably.
The Bottom Line
Thus report of SMM traffic in Google Analytics is becoming an extremely handy tool for online marketers. You can see how much traffic you are getting, or how much revenue you are making. And also how many email signups social media brings to you. You can set up different goals in Google Analytics for different purposes. A duration goal will tell you how much time a visitor spends on your site. A page-per-session goal will tell you whether or not your content is coping up with your social media crown. And by creating an event goal you can see how many times a visitor from social media participates in your events. For more information regarding Google Analytics and its help, please visit us on a2zlogs.com.